Since 2005, ATC Brokers has been providing optimal online brokerage services on multiple products to clients from different parts of the world using the latest technology and trading resources. It is a well-regulated introducing brokerage firm.
Regulation and Safety
- ATC Brokers is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA). It is also registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as an Introducing Broker. Introducing Brokers only link their clients to Futures Commission Merchants (FCM) who execute trades on their behalf
- ATC Brokers is safe. Being established in 2005, it has a solidly credible regulatory standing and long-existing operational presence in the industry. Apart from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the broker is registered with multiple other regulatory bodies such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of the UK and the Cayman Island Monetary Authority (CIMA).
Customer Support Service
- It has 24/5 customer support service which is offered via phone, email, and live chat. But the active hours for both the phone and live chat options are not clearly stated by the broker. However, the live chat, especially, is readily available and can be accessed via its website.
- Averagely, response time is fast, making the service readily available and generally reliable. Still, the support options vary in terms of responsiveness. Phone and live chat are the fastest while email may take a while. Generally, ATC’S customer support service is considered satisfactory by most of its clients.
Account Type and Account Opening
- The broker offers primarily a standard account. However, the standard account is available in three forms: individual, joint, and corporate. The individual and joint accounts are similar, except for the number of traders allowed. The corporate account, on the other hand, is a great choice for anyone trading through a corporation and has more intensive registration requirements. Opening a corporate account requires verification of residential address for all shareholders and directors who have at least 25% stake in the corporation.
- Also, unlike some other brokers, ATC does not provide Shariah-compliant or VIP accounts. Nevertheless, the different forms of the standard account can cater to the needs of different kinds of traders, depending on their capital and trading preferences. Plus, the broker does not level any fee for account opening and clients can open up to 5 trading accounts.
- Leverage is variable. Even though the maximum leverage offered by this broker is 1:500, it is restricted to just 1:50 for U.S-based clients because of regulatory restrictions.
- Account opening with ATC is a simple process. The broker provides a form on its website into which you can enter your details such as country of residence, desired account type and trading platform. After filling these, you will be directed to the application page where you will enter your personal and contact information such as name, email address, date of birth, and residential address.
- The broker’s minimum deposit requirement is prohibitive. It stands at $2,000 or an equivalent of this in other currencies. Consequently, beginner traders looking to start with small account may find this account off-putting.
Charges and Rates
- The broker charges variable spreads which can be as low as 0.1. However, depending on the level of market volatility, they can also be higher. Also, it charges commissions on all trades, with standard lots having higher costs than lower sizes.
- The broker charges a withdrawal fee of at least $20 for the first withdrawal of every month. This becomes increased to $35 for subsequent withdrawals for the month.
- It also charges an inactivity fee.
- None stated.
Markets, Products, and Investments
- ATC Brokers covers primarily Forex, indices, commodities, shares, metals, and energy.
- The broker has limited product offerings. Thus, it offers just about 30 currency pairs, 8 indices CFDs, 2 spot metal CFDs, and 2 energy spot CFDs. However, due to regulatory restrictions, U.S-based clients can trade only the currency pairs.
- ATC Brokers offers a money-management service. When you subscribe to it, your funds will be managed by the broker’s professional account managers on your behalf. Nevertheless, by virtue of the transparency of the set-up, you can assess your account trading activity, check available balance, and evaluate the performance.
Trading Platforms, Educational Resources, and Research Tools
- ATC Brokers offers the industry-trade, most preferred trading platform, the MetaTrader 4, in PC, mobile, and Mac versions. The MT4 platform is user-friendly, with integrated Expert Advisor (EA) trading strategies. Also, it provides a fully cusomisable layout and design and access to several indicators with advanced charting functionalities and technical indicators. There is also a plug-in, the MT Pro, provided to enhance the orders types and features in the MT4 platform. The broker enables the integration of software known as Trade Copier that allows the distribution and execution of Forex signals.
- However, the broker’s platforms are not intuitive to use. It is impossible to create a watchlist and you cannot remove currency pairs at will. Also, the mobile app is not user-friendly enough: placing trades on it is not very easy to do and prices and notifications cannot be set. Nevertheless, its functions are enough to enable easy and convenient trading on the go. Although the broker continues to improve the usability of its platforms, they can still be made significantly better.
- The broker provides a demo account with 60-day validity. This is enough time to learn the workings of the trading platforms and get familiarized with them. Apart from the demo trading function, however, this broker does not offer much as far as educational resources are concerned.
- The broker has a Traders’ Corner section on its website where it shares the latest industry news, trading strategies, and useful insights about the market. This information can be a valuable tool for market analysis. Also, it provides an economic calendar, news events feed, and a section for answers to FAQs.
Methods of Payment
- Bank Wire
- Visa and MasterCard
For those methods, funds from a third party are not accepted.
- Same as for deposit.
Bonuses, Promotions, and Prospect
- None at this time.
- None at this time.
- Established in 2005 as an exclusively U.S introducing broker, ATC Brokers has been an active industry participant, with the drive to expand its international presence. In 2014, it launched its UK arm and was subsequently registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, in terms of offerings, it is an average broker. Nevertheless, in terms of stability, it is expected to continue operations in the future.
ATC Brokers is a well-regulated Los Angeles, California-based introducing broker. Also, it is registered in the UK and the Cayman Islands. Plus, the broker uses an ECN price model, so it is not a dealing desk. That is, it does not take the other end of its clients’ traders; instead, it only routes them to Futures Commission Merchants (FCM). Although not very easy to use, it’s trading platforms offer the basic features needed to ensure seamless trading experiences. Even though it operates a commission-based pricing model, its spreads are competitive. However, its minimum deposit is relatively high and may not be recommended for traders looking to start small.